Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Movements 3 and 4

Tonight was such an productive rehearsal! I was quite nervous about movement 3 since we hadn't worked with it in over 3 weeks but I was blown away by how quickly the dancers put it back together. We were able to run movement 3 directly into movement 4 relatively smoothly. We have been fighting with the timing on movement 4 every since we started working with it but it was perfect tonight. Now that I see 3 and 4 connected, I can see the places where I need to work with transitions, particularly between the 2 sections of movement 3 and between 3 and 4. As I work with tweaking the choreography and cleaning the piece, I plan to focus on shifts in energy in order to add dynamic interest to the work rather than changing any choreography.

No comments:

Post a Comment